Are you a passionate scholar with expertise in Buddhist Studies, Buddhist Culture, Buddhist Philosophy, or Pali? If so, The University of Ruhuna, located in Sri Lanka, is inviting applications for the position of Senior Lecturer/Professor in the Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies. This contract-based position offers a chance to contribute to the academic community and make a significant impact on the field. Read on to learn more about the qualifications, benefits, and application process for this prestigious role.
Qualifications and Experience:
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Honours Degree with a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) in a relevant field.
- PhD in the relevant field.
Applicants with university-level teaching experience and proficiency in both Sinhala and English will be given preference. The University of Ruhuna seeks candidates who are committed to excellence in teaching and have a deep understanding of Buddhist Studies, Buddhist Culture, Buddhist Philosophy, or Pali.
Age Limit and Contract Duration:
Applicants must be below 60 years of age. The initial contract is for six months, with the possibility of extension for up to two years based on performance. This provides an excellent opportunity to engage in meaningful research, mentor students, and contribute to the academic growth of the department.
The selection process for this position will entail conducting a structured interview. The University’s goal is to evaluate the qualifications, teaching experience, and potential of each candidate in making a significant contribution to the field of Buddhist Studies. The process will maintain fairness and transparency, providing equal opportunities for all applicants.
In line with the salary structure applicable to government universities in Sri Lanka, the University of Ruhuna provides an all-inclusive monthly allowance. This ensures that the selected candidate receives competitive compensation and benefits, thereby attracting top talent.
To apply for the Senior Lecturer/Professor position, interested candidates must follow the outlined application procedure provided by the University. Here’s how to proceed:
- Visit the University of Ruhuna’s official website at http://www.ruh.ac.lk/Misc/Vacancy/29042015/app.dochttp://www.ruh.ac.lk/Misc/Vacancy/29042015/app.doc to download the application form.
- Accurately and comprehensively complete all sections of the application form.
- Gather certified copies of your degree certificates, birth certificate, National Identity Card, and an updated CV.
- Send the duly completed application form and supporting documents by post to the following address:
Senior Assistant Registrar,
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences,
University of Ruhuna,
Ensure that you follow these steps in active pursuit of your application for the Senior Lecturer/Professor position.
- Submit separate applications for each post you apply for.
- Ensure that your application is complete and submitted before the deadline (11.07.2023). Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants with disciplinary inquiries against them are not eligible to apply.
- Employees in government departments, corporations, statutory boards, UGC, and higher educational institutions must channel their applications through their Heads of Institutions.
- The University reserves the right to shortlist candidates based on their qualifications and experience.
The University of Ruhuna’s Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies is offering a remarkable opportunity for scholars in the field of Buddhist Studies. As a Senior Lecturer/Professor, you will have the chance to share your knowledge, contribute to research, and shape the future of Buddhist Studies in Sri Lanka. Moreover, don’t miss this chance to join a vibrant academic community dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and cultural understanding. Therefore, submit your application today and embark on an enriching journey of teaching and research at the University of Ruhuna.