The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations with at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances to pursue a doctoral degree, in order to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Level of Study/Field(s) of Study
Masters or PhD programs in media studies, regional and urban planning, engineering and related sciences, mathematics, agricultural and forest sciences, natural and environmental sciences, medicine and public health, and political economy, as well as in economics, business administration, and political economy.
Scholarship amount, inclusions, and duration
The DAAD scholarships include monthly payments of 934 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, as well as payments for health, accident, and personal liability insurance and travel allowances unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding. The scholarship period for a Master’ is 12 to 24 months (depending on the institution) and 42 months for Ph.D.
Is currently working in a developing country for a public authority, a state or private company, and as such is involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree (typically four years) in a related field.
• At the time of application, has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor’s).
• His/her academic degrees should not be older than six years.
• For German language courses (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Before beginning the study course, you must pass the DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 language exam. As a result, a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is required, which must be documented with a certificate.
• For English courses: Proof of adequate language skills in accordance with the course regulations.
Applications must be submitted directly to the course. Please see the course websites for the application procedure, deadline, and required documents. The deadline varies depending on the course, but it is typically between August and October of 2023.
To access the application form and complete information on how to apply for this scholarship, read the FAQs and the 2024/2025 brochure, as well as visit the official website.